Tuesday 25 August 2015
Berlangganan

Custodian Inspires At-Risk Teens To Be Better

Charles Clark has been a custodian at Trinity high school in Euless, Texas for over 25 years. Like the teens in many high schools around the country, a lot of them tend to fall through the cracks.
However, at Trinity, those forgotten students can turn to Clark when they feel no one else is there to help.
“Mr. Clark has been looking out for me ever since I been here,” said 17-year-old Jesse Walehwa . “I can tell Mr. Clark anything. I know he’s going to give me his honest opinion. He’s very wise, very loving.”
Clark isn’t the first custodian to have an impact, custodian Brenda Hurst was given a new house by her students after the old one burned down because of how much they adored her!
“They’ve never had a man tell them they love them before,” said Clark of the many students raised by single mothers. “Once they trust you and they know you love them you can get them to buy in to what you’re selling.”
Don’t worry, Clark isn’t undermining the guidance counselor, she’s the one sending him the students.
“He’s worked with a lot of our students here who ended up going to college – ended up doing really well,” says guidance counselor, Peggy McIntyre. “He gets results, he sure does.”
So how does Clark feel about it all? He loves every minute of it.
“You going to tell me I don’t have a good life?” said Clark. “This custodial thing is working good for me.”
Watch the incredible story of an ordinary man turned extraordinary hero below.
SHARE if you think Clark should be working as a mentor full time!